Be a part of the solution!  Be a Roy Hometown Hero!  Click here to share your time and talents!

The Roy City Council is accepting letters of interest for the open Council Position 4
until August 10, 2015.  You must be registered to vote, and you must have resided within the
city limits for at least one year.  Submit letters at City Hall or to the City of Roy at PO Box 700.

7:30 p.m., Monday, July 27, 2015,
 and continued to 7:30 p.m., Monday, August 10, 2015

Roy City Hall, 216 McNaught St S, Roy WA 98580

The Roy City Council invites you to attend a public hearing to consider proposed amendments to Roy City Code Title 11 Land Development. The City would establish a new RCC Title 14 Comprehensive Plan, and update Roy’s Comprehensive Plan and zoning regulations to ensure consistency with state law and regional planning policies in compliance with Growth Management Act Periodic Update requirements.  The lead agency for this proposal has determined the proposal will not have a probable significant adverse impact on the environment. An EIS is not required under RCW 43.21C.030(2)(c). The lead agency has issued a Determination of Nonsignificance under WAC 197-11-340(2).

Citizens attending the hearing have the right to provide testimony and ask questions.  Interpreters, signers, or other auxiliary aids will be provided upon 48-hour advance notice. Submit comments to City of Roy, 216 McNaught Street, POB 700, Roy, WA 98580, by fax to 253-843-0279, or by email to Copies of proposed amendments and SEPA documentation are available at the links below or by contacting the city at 253-843-1113.
Community Character Element
Land Use Element
Housing Element
Transportation Element
Park, Recreation and Open Space Element
Capital Facilities Element
Utilities Element
Amendments to Development Regulations
Determination of Nonsignificance and Incorporation by Reference of Environmental Documents

                                             DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY
                                  FEDERAL EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY (FEMA)
      Proposed Flood Hazard Determinations for Pierce County, Washington and Incorporated Areas
FEMA has issued a preliminary Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM), and where applicable, Flood Insurance Study (FIS) report, reflecting proposed flood hazard determinations within Pierce County and Incorporated Areas.  These flood hazard determinations may include the addition or modification of Base Flood Elevations, base flood depths, Special Flood Hazard Area boundaries or zone designations, or the regulatory floodway. Technical information or comments are solicited on the proposed flood hazard determinations shown on the preliminary FIRM and/or FIS report for Pierce County and Incorporated Areas. These flood hazard determinations are the basis for the floodplain management measures that your community is required to either adopt or show evidence of being already in effect in order to qualify or remain qualified for participation in the National Flood Insurance Program. However, before these determinations are effective for floodplain management purposes, you will be provided an opportunity to appeal the proposed information. For information on the statutory 90-day period provided for appeals, as well as a complete listing of the communities affected and the locations where copies of the FIRM are available for review, please visit FEMA's website at, or call the FEMA Map Information eXchange (FMIX) toll fee at 1-877-FEMA MAP (1-877-336-2627).

Third Friday of each month, 6-10pm, Community Center (July 17 night cancelled)
Youth ages 10 and up

City residents, come in to get your FREE recreational burn permit (Roy City Code 5-1-3.B.2.c.1).
Yard sales require a $5 permit available at City Hall (Roy City Code 4-9).


Mobile Food Bank Wednesdays 1:00-3:00 at Roy Community Center, 122 E. 3rd St.

City Hall Office Hours
Closed Thursdays and Holidays
 City Clerk office:  8:30 - 4:30 Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday
Court office:  8:30 - 3:00 Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and 8:30 - 2:00 Friday


Ordinance No. 920
City of Roy 2015 Budget



Website Builder