City of Roy   Washington

Businesses selling these substances must obtain appropriate licenses here.

If you own a business, conduct business or provide services, earning gross receipts from sources within the city limits of Roy, you are required to obtain a City of Roy business license and report gross receipts for city business and occupation (B&O) taxes.  This includes home based businesses. Business licenses are $45 and are valid for the calendar year. If your place of business is not in Roy city limits and your revenue from city sources is less than $2,000 per year, there is no fee for the license.  Anyone doing business in the City of Roy must also have a valid license with the State of Washington.

Links to other agencies you may need to contact

Programs for businesses

Payroll reports and industrial insurance premiums must be submitted to L&I.  Also obtain contractor's licenses for trades and professional licenses.

Submit wage reports and pay unemployment insurance tax to ESD.


This is the Federal agency. Learn about and get forms and publications for Employer Identification Numbers (EIN), and withholding and employer payroll taxes, as well as income taxes.

Each business in the State of Washington must register with the DOR to obtain a UBI/ tax identification number.  Other information includes State B&O tax and retail sales and use tax.

Businesses working with food and beverages must obtain appropriate permits here.

​​​City of Roy Washington

Washington Small Business Fair held annually on a Saturday in September